Wills and Living Wills
Having a Will, writing a Will and making sure your Will represents your wishes is one of the most basic things you can do to prevent family disputes after your passing. Updating an old Will is also important, particularly when your circumstances change.
Don’t leave problems for your family
Etheringtons Solicitors have prepared many Wills for Sydney clients and have experience with Living Wills (written directives regarding life-prolonging medical treatment).
A Will should be simple
The benefits of Wills are many – distribute your assets as you wish and negate family disputes. Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning are a specialty at Etheringtons.
Our services are detailed and precise
- Obtaining probate or letters of administration
- Advice to Executors
- Advice to guardians for children
- Organ donation directions
- Rights and responsibilities of administering an Estate
- Creating testamentary trusts
- Deeds of guardianship dealing with medical directives should you lose mental capacity and be unable to express your health decisions
- Powers of attorney dealing with your assets should you lose mental capacity
Start the process here
Download Our Wills Instruction Sheet our online Will Instruction Form here. This details the information we will need for Will preparation.
Estate and Will Disputes
Contesting a will
Have you been unfairly left out of a Will?
There are strict time limits to act within, so please do not delay in getting in touch with us.
- Negotiate with the Executor for a further legacy
- Apply to challenge the Will
We can provide assistance with probate or advice if a Will is being challenged.
Superannuation and Insurance Disputes
Dependant life insurance and superannuation entitlements
Life insurance that pays out into a superannuation account may not be accessible to Estate beneficiaries or dependants.
If you are a beneficiary or dependant with a claim against a life insurance payment made to a superannuation account, contact us. We can help.
Early access to superannuation
We can assist in applying for and being granted access to your money to help with unforeseen circumstances.
Disability insurance and income protection insurance disputes
Get experienced lawyers on your side who can negotiate fearlessly with insurance companies. We can assist with negotiated settlements, legal action and court appearances on your behalf.
- Make initial representations
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Ensure your full rights and entitlements have been addressed
- Facilitate the documentation and any medical reports that may be required
- Arrange timely settlement
- Make representations with regard to superannuation hardship cases
In the event of a successful case we may be able to seek costs against your insurance company.